Welcome to the Copyright Society of Australia
CSA End of Year Event 2015
Click here to renew your CSA Membership today.
2015 Copyright Law and Practice Symposium - Building a Fairer Framework for the Future
The Copyright Society of Australia and the Australian Copyright Council hosted the 17th Biennial Copyright Law & Practice Symposium on 22 and 23 October 2015 at the National Maritime Museum, Darling Harbour.
The Symposium looked at key themes including:
- The copyright policy agenda in Australia, Europe & North America
- What is happening at WIPO
- Copyright industries and digital disruption
- Recent case law and issues for practitioners
- Former IP Advisor to the British Prime Minister, Mike Weatherley
- Jon Baumgarten, former General Counsel US Copyright Office and leading US attorney
- Dr Eleonora Rosati, Southampton Law School, Director, E-LAWnora and blogger for the IPKat and 1709 Blog
- Industry leaders such as Richard Finlayson and Jane Perrier
- Many other learned practitioners, policy makers and academics from Australia and overseas
The program is available. Click this link for a copy of the program.
Symposium papers will be published in the Copyright Reporter.
Dr Kevin Lindgren student prize
The Kevin Lindgren Prize for the Best Student Presentation on Copyright offers students at all levels and their universities the opportunity to engage with copyright professionals. The winning student receives $2000 in prize money and membership of the Society for a year. The prize is named in recognition of Dr Kevin Lindgren, a former judge of the Federal Court and a former President of the Copyright Tribunal of Australia.
The winner for the 2015 Kevin Lindgren Prize was Rochelle Hodge.
Annual General Meeting
The Annual General Meeting of the Copyright Society of Australia was held at 5pm on 26 March 2015 at the offices of Allens, Level 28, Deutsche Bank Place, 126 Phillip Street, Sydney. For meeting documents, visit the Annual General Meeting page.
Government releases ALRC Report
The Attorney-General has tabled the ALRC Report into Copyright and the Digital Agenda. See the News Alert from the Australian Copyright Council.
2014 Copyright Law and Practice Symposium
The papers from the Copyright Law and Practice Symposium held on 12 - 14 March 2014, will be published in the Copyright Reporter.
The Copyright Society of Australia is a not-for-profit society, dedicated to the study of copyright law and related matters. The Society is an independent organisation and does not seek to represent the interests of any particular special interest group. The members of the Society are copyright professionals.
The Society runs 5 or 6 functions a year on a variety of copyright-related topics.
Looking for copyright information?
If you're looking for information about copyright in Australia, contact the.