Geography, Data Retention, and Copyright: The why and how of Geoblocking
from 05:30 PM to 09:00 PM
The issue of geoblocking access to copyright content has received a lot of attention lately. With the introduction of Netflix and other video streaming services to Australia this month, it is timely to take a closer look at the issue. A panel of experts will look at some key issues including:
- How geo-blocking works
- Why are they used?
- Circumvention and privacy
- Michael Green, Barrister, 13th Floor, St James Hall
- Fiona Phillips, Executive Director, Australian Copyright Council
- Shaun Tipson, Attorney, Microsoft
- Rob Gibson, Stan
- Sarah Agar, Policy and Campaigns Adviser, CHOICE
- Thursday, 26 March 2015
- 6:00-7:30pm presentation, followed by canapés
- Registration and drinks from 5:30pm
- Allens, Level 28, Deutsche Bank Place, 126 Phillip St, Sydney NSW
MCLE (NSW): If this function is relevant to your immediate or long-term needs in relation to your professional development and practice of law, you may claim one “unit” for each hour of attendance, breaks not included.
Purchase tickets here.